st: slight typo in the manual for -moptimize-: initial values set for the intercept as well

From   László Sándor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: slight typo in the manual for -moptimize-: initial values set for the intercept as well
Date   Sat, 7 Nov 2009 11:17:33 -0500

Dear all,

I was surprised to find that -moptimize- does not allow initial values
for the intercepts, at least according to my understanding the manual.
After some experimenting and bugfixing, it is now obvious to me that
it does, only the manual seems to be inconsistent in its notation for
"ki" for  equation i.
Here is a link to the ambiguous passage:
http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?mf_moptimize#def_b0

Good luck with all your code,

Laszlo