st: RE: referencing eresult matrices

Subject   st: RE: referencing eresult matrices
Date   Thu, 5 Nov 2009 22:10:30 +0100

<>
[U], section 14.5., is the definite reference, and it uses the same
technique as the one you showed, with the middleman present. If there was a
way around it, I would expect it to be in there.

You could probably write a few lines of code to cut out the middleman...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jeph Herrin
Sent: Donnerstag, 5. November 2009 21:04
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: referencing eresult matrices

After an estimation, I often want to get a particular
element of one of the result matrices, and know I can do
it as follows:

   reg y x
   matrix b = e(b)
   di el("b",1,1)

But there must be a way to eliminate the middleman b? This

   reg y x
   di el("e(b)",1,1)

doesn't work, but I'm sure there's a way to reference e(b)
so that I don't need to store it in another matrix first.
In fact, I'm sure I knew it once, even.