st: RE: re: overidentification test and endogeneity test with -ivreg2-

From   "Kelvin Tan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: re: overidentification test and endogeneity test with -ivreg2-
Date   Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:20:20 +1000

Thanks Kit for your helpful insight about the endog test.

One more question,

Kit said: "You get different results for the overid test and endog test
in (2)
because you're using a different VCE. If you use the same VCE they
agree exactly."

I am sorry for the typo. I meant to have clustered standard errors
"cl(idcode)" in both -ivregress- and -ivreg2- command lines. I get
different results for the overid test and endog test when I used
clustered standard errors in both -ivregress- and -ivreg2-.

*************
webuse nlswork, clear
ivregress 2sls wks_ue ( tenure = hours c_city  union)  grade, cl(idcode)
estat overid
estat endog
ivreg2  wks_ue ( tenure = hours c_city  union)  grade, endog(tenure)
cl(idcode)
**************

Results from -ivregress-
. estat overid
  Test of overidentifying restrictions:
  Score chi2(2)          =  4.32413  (p = 0.1151)

. estat endog
  Tests of endogeneity
  Ho: variables are exogenous
  Robust regression F(1,4007)     =  .195661  (p = 0.6583)
    (Adjusted for 4008 clusters in idcode)

*****
Results from -ivreg2-
------
Hansen J statistic (overidentification test of all instruments):
3.519
                                                   Chi-sq(2) P-val =
0.1722
-endog- option:
Endogeneity test of endogenous regressors:
0.567
                                                   Chi-sq(1) P-val =
0.4513
Regressors tested:    tenure