st: RE: questions

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: questions
Date   Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:55:28 -0000

On #2, note that the manuals are bundled with Stata 11. If you are using
some previous version, you should indicate what it is.

Tunga Kantarci

1. The regression output presents ANOVA analysis. Take for example, the
MS
column for the residuals, which is the mean of the sum of squared
residuals.
I would like to calculate a quantity using the "nlcom" command and in
this
command I would like to indicate the estimated MS residual. What is the
command for calling the MS residual in, for example the nlcom command?
Put
more simply, we call for example a coefficient estimate of a variable
with
"_b[variablename]". What I am asking is how do I call a figure from the
ANOVA table? For example the MS of residuals? I could just use the
estimated
figure for MS residuals but this is not what I want.

2. Suppose that I wish to calculate the standard error of
_b[_cons]/_b[variablename]. Stata help system indicates that Stata uses
the
"delta" method to calculate this standard error. But I wish to see what
Stata exactly calculates. How do I see it? Or do I need the Stata manual
books for this? Stata help system does not indicate any formula it uses.