st: NNT after stcox

From   Eduardo Nunez <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: NNT after stcox
Date   Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:30:39 -0400

Dear Statalister,

I need to estimate the number needed to treat (NNT) for a treatment
variable after a multivariable stcox model.
Based on the recommendation of Douglas Altman (Calculating the number
needed to treat for trials where the outcome is time to an event - BMJ
1999),
I need to estimate the risk difference from the baseline survivor
function (and SE) at each level of the treatment variable at specific
time points (in my case 1, 2, and 3 years).

With the stcox postestimation command: "predict s0, basesurv"
I can estimate the baseline survivor function; but how can I get the
SE for the baseline survivor function at each time point?

I would appreciate any help on this issue,

Eduardo

PD: Stata 11 (Single-user 2-core)