RE: st: Multilevel models (Multilevel mixed-effects model)

From   "Mustillo, Sarah A" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Multilevel models (Multilevel mixed-effects model)
Date   Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:17:21 -0400

Raja -

I'm not sure if there is a limit, but it's definitely possible to have more than 2 levels.  I just ran a 4-level model with xtmixed.  Search the internet - there are examples online.

Sarah

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Michael I. Lichter [[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:02 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Multilevel models (Multilevel mixed-effects model)

Raja,

If you're thinking of the GLLAMM add-on (ssc describe gllamm; also
http://www.gllamm.org/), I believe that the number of levels is
arbitrary, depending only on computational resources and the properties
of the data.

Michael

Rajaram Subramanian Potty wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> This is a question about multilevel models. How many level can be
> defined in the current version of the STATA?. I generally use MLWIN
> for multilevel analysis. So, I just want to know is it possible to
> have more than two levels using STATA either version 10 or 11.  How
> many levels can be defined in the linear and non-linear models?.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>

> RAJA

Michael I. Lichter, Ph.D. <[email protected]>
Research Assistant Professor & NRSA Fellow
UB Department of Family Medicine / Primary Care Research Institute
UB Clinical Center, 462 Grider Street, Buffalo, NY 14215
Office: CC 126 / Phone: 716-898-4751 / FAX: 716-898-3536