st: AW: Inappropriate lines joining up between individuals in twoway line graph

Subject   st: AW: Inappropriate lines joining up between individuals in twoway line graph
Date   Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:18:42 +0100

<>

In the

*************
help scatter##connect_options
*************

look for the - cmissing({y|n} ...)- option with regard to the missing issue.

Apart from this advice, have you had a look at -xtline-?

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Ada Lo
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2009 03:05
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: Inappropriate lines joining up between individuals in twoway
line graph

Hi all,

This is the first time I'm posting on stata list so please forgive me
if I'm not doing it right.

I have a question about the graph produced by this command - twoway
line Memory age, connect(ascending)
The data are in balanced long format, 3 repeated measurements over 8
years for roughly 490 participants with missing data.
I sorted the data by StudyID and age before running the twoway command.
The graph produced should represent the trajectory of memory changes
for each individual. However, I noticed that STATA sometimes joined up
the measurement between individuals when they had missing data.

Does that make sense to people? Is there a way to fix this up so that
I would see a line or a single dot (if only 1 measurement was
available) for each individual?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Ada