st: How to do domain analysis in svy:reg or svy:glm?

From   CHEN HSINJEN <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to do domain analysis in svy:reg or svy:glm?
Date   Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:47:13 -0400

My aim is to do stratified regression analysis while accounting for
the complex sampling design, i.e. to estimate the relationship between
BMI and age, separately in women and men.
However, the "reg" and "glm" commands do not allow "over", or even "by", option.

For example, the following statement is not allowed.

     svy: reg BMI age, over(sex)

Thus, we may want to solve this by using "if":

    svy: reg BMI age if sex == 1 *(for men)
    svy: reg BMI age if sex == 2 *(for women)

But, the problem is, when sex == 2, some strata have only one cluster
(or some clusters have only one observations.) And then, the S.E. is
not estimated by stata.

How can I get unbiased estimate of regression coefficient and its S.E.
under this circumstance?
Is this solvable in stata?
Thank you.

Hsin-Jen Chen