st: Re: Bug in StataIC/10.1

From   Babak Oskooei <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Bug in StataIC/10.1
Date   Thu, 22 Oct 2009 07:46:44 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

Re: Bug in StataIC/10.1

There seems to be a bug in Stata 10. I attached the dataset that I used to fir a Cox PH model. It is simply a survival-time dataset which has already been stset. The covariate is x and I try to fit a univariate Cox PH model with x as the sole covariate. So I typed:

stcox x

But Stata 10 gives me an error massage as:

"flat region resulting in a missing likelihood"

Please brear in mind that I can perform the same analysis in Stata 9 without any problem. I would be grateful if someone can give me a clue on what is causing this error massege in Stata 10 but NOT in Stata 9.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Babak Oskooei
MRC Clinical Trials Unit
London