st: RE: RE: how to access e(b) and e(V)

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: how to access e(b) and e(V)
Date   Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:29:52 +0100

As Nick says, calculations that can be done in Excel can usually be done in Stata. However, if Philomena wants the results to be in a spreadsheet-like format, with 1 observation per estimated parameter and data on estimates, confidence intervals, P-values,  and other parameter attributes, then a possible solution is to use the -parmest- package, downloadable from SSC (for Stata 11 users) or from my website (for users of earlier Stata versions). The -parmest- package creates Stata output datasets (or resultssets) with 1 observation per estimated parameter, and data on the estimates, confidence limits, P-values, and many other parameter attributes. In default, these results are in double precision, although the user may specify the -float- option to make them single-precision and save space.

Alternatively, Philomena may prefer to use the e() results directly. For more detauls on these, type

help ereturn

in Stata.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes