AW: RE: st: RE: mim: reg command

Subject   AW: RE: st: RE: mim: reg command
Date   Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:20:04 +0200

<>

" Can I ask, what does the code "local m= r(max)" and "forvalues j = 1/`m' "
mean in that command?"

Yes, you can. The first one stores the maximum calculated by the line -sum
_mj, meanonly- in a -local- macro so as to make it accessible after other
commands have overwritten the returned values of the -summarize- command.
The second one lets Stata loop from a fixed starting point of "1" to this
very maximum stored by the -local- in "m", in increments of 1...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von McDonald,
Catherine
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. Oktober 2009 04:34
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: RE: st: RE: mim: reg command

Thank you Maarten.

Can I ask, what does the code "local m= r(max)" and "forvalues j = 1/`m' "
mean in that command? I am trying to figure out how congruent _mj (with ICE)
is to _mi_miss (mi commands). I thought maybe the equivalent of _mj=j was
_mi_miss=m, but that may be too simplistic or completely wrong.

I  know you said you don't have STATA 11 yet so I understand you may not
know. But, if i could start to understand the code, I could try to translate
it. (maybe!) or maybe someone else has some ideas or direction.

Best-
Catherine