st: re: parea package

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: parea package
Date   Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:46:42 -0400

<>
Ronan said

Same problem on OSX . sysuse sp500, clear (S&P 500) . twoway parea high date, pattern(pattern8) || parea low date, pattern(pattern6) scale(0.5) (note: named style parea not found in class yxtype, default attributes used (note: yxtype not found in scheme, default attributes used) (note: named style parea not found in class yxtype, default attributes used (note: yxtype not found in scheme, default attributes used)

Strange... I just did ssc install, net get pareademo.do, etc. and it runs fine on OS X. Doesn't do anything useful, as all ten of the rectangles are black on black, but then it's not supposed to work on OS X (10.6) as it supposedly uses some Windows-specific low-level graphics code. I am running Stata 11.

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |   http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |   http://www.stata-press.com/books/isp.html
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |   http://www.stata-press.com/books/imeus.html