Re: st: prediction of model using svy-commands

From   "Michael I. Lichter" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: prediction of model using svy-commands
Date   Thu, 08 Oct 2009 03:42:57 -0400

What version of Stata are you using, what version of spost, what command line are you using, and what do you mean by "not possible"? In Stata 10.1, using spost9, I just ran -svy: reg depvar age gender- followed by -prvalue, x(age=50)- and got a sensible answer from -prvalue- (I did not, however, verify that the answer was correct).

Michael

Rune Nielsen wrote:
Dear statalist-members,
I'm running a model (multiple linear regression) using the /svy/-prefix to adjust for a stratified sample. The outcome is log-transformed due to large left-skewing. I would like to do some predictions using prvalue from the spost-package. However, this is not possible when I've used the survey-version of/ regress/. Does anybody know a simple solution to this? I've already tried running the model without svy, but specifying pweight and vce(cluster clustervar), but then I don't get reliable confidence intervals.
Grateful for any answers (in simple language for a non-statician)

Best wishes,

Rune Nielsen

---
Rune Nielsen, MD, research fellow
Institute of Medicine, Bergen, Norway

--
Michael I. Lichter, Ph.D. <[email protected]>
Research Assistant Professor & NRSA Fellow