Re: st: Cragg-Donald F statistic - Weak Indentification

From   Erasmo Giambona <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cragg-Donald F statistic - Weak Indentification
Date   Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:20:07 +0200

Thanks All. I had looked at Stock and Yogo, but I cannot really get
the intuition of the Cragg-Donald test.

Austin, hope I can ask for a clarification. If the third endogenous
variable is not pushed around by Z, then wouldn't the simple F-test
(excluded instruments) be very small? It seems this would tell me
already that I have a weak identification problem. What I cannot see
is what is the additional piece of information that I can gather from
the Cragg-Donald test.

Erasmo