AW: st: AW: ksmirnov

Subject   AW: st: AW: ksmirnov
Date   Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:16:52 +0200

<>

" My question was actually simpler - was my procedure correct?"

Well, I gave you a tool to answer the question, even though the procedure
may look a little "opaque"...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von tzygmund
mcfarlane
Gesendet: Montag, 28. September 2009 16:13
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: AW: ksmirnov

Thanks for your replies Martin & Nick.

Martin: My question was actually simpler - was my procedure correct?

That is, should the data be standardised by an estimate of the scale
before using the Kolmogorov-Smirnov procedure or is that not
necessary?

Also, from the help file for chi2fit by Stas Kolenikov I could not
figure out how to implement it for a t-distribution. Any help will be
appreciated.

Nick: I am particularly interested in deviation from a t-distribution.
My data is almost certainly non-normal. I agree about the merits of
plotting it, but am not aware of any tools for my particular case. Any
ideas?

Thanks.