st: problem with truncreg

From   Rich Steinberg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: problem with truncreg
Date   Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:44:16 -0400

I've been trying truncreg and no matter what maximization technique I
try, I get a few "backups" and then the iteration terminates with the
following message:

numerical derivatives are approximate
nearby values are missing
numerical derivatives are approximate
nearby values are missing
cannot compute an improvement -- discontinuous region encountered
r(430);

Shortening my list of control variables did not eliminate the problem.

I understand problems with concavity.  Although they are present, they
do not seem to be the source of this error.
Perhaps I am being dense, but what could cause the likelihood to become
discontinuous? Is there a fix up or is this problem inherent.  (Note --
this is unconstrained).

--
Rich Steinberg
Department of Economics, 516 Cavanaugh Hall

"Unanswered email since 1955"