Re: st: svyset problem 2: using svy with partially complete surveys

From   Peter Muhlberger <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: svyset problem 2: using svy with partially complete surveys
Date   Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:39:05 -0500

Thanks Michael.  As I understand it, I shouldn't use fpc corrects for
regressions and such anyway, and that's most of my analyses.  Just
curious about what poststrata actually do.

Peter

###
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:46:05 -0400
From: "Michael I. Lichter" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: st: svyset problem 2: using svy with partially complete surveys

Peter,

Your question is whether we can or should, in theory, correct variance
estimates for the size of the sample relative to the population within
each poststratum, just as is done for "real" strata. It's not a question
that ever occurred to me before, but it does make sense.  I don't see
why this could not be done, although it may be mooted by the
poststratification adjustments to variance calculation that Stata does.
Perhaps somebody more knowledgeable than me can answer you properly.