st: Re: Stata Heckman and Mills ratio

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   seb nieto <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Stata Heckman and Mills ratio
Date   Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:10:57 -0400

Seb,

you can always create an r^2 measure from the squared correlation of actual and predicted observations used in the estimation. So something like

reg y...

heckman y...
predict double heckp if e(sample), xb
corr heckp y
di r(rho)^2

which should be comparable to the r^2 displayed from the regress.

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |   http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |   http://www.stata-press.com/books/isp.html
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |   http://www.stata-press.com/books/imeus.html