RE: st: testing across different sub-samples

Subject   RE: st: testing across different sub-samples
Date   Thu, 24 Sep 2009 18:06:31 +0200

<>

"There is a quick way to do this using -suest-"

Can you give an example? -suest- is not available after -xt- commands...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of John Antonakis
Sent: Donnerstag, 24. September 2009 17:46
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: testing across different sub-samples

Hi Francesco:

What you need to do is a Chow test--i.e., test whether the set of
coefficients differ across samples.

There is a quick way to do this using -suest-

Model the fixed effects with dummies, if you have any.

HTH,
John.

Prof. John Antonakis
Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny
Switzerland