st: HOW to select data with specific criterions from another data set

From   amatoallah ouchen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: HOW to select data with specific criterions from another data set
Date   Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:09:09 +0200

Good day statalisters;

I'm confronted to a problem, I' have a database of  daily cotations
per enterprises, and another data set that gives the dividends
distributed   per enterprises and per dates
I'want to have for each entreprise and per date the daily cotation and
the dividend, I've tried the command merge but with  no success, what
I' want is very similar with the  job of the excel function vlookup
but this time with two criterions : Enterprise(ticker) and date.
Someone has an idea???

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!