Re: st: AW: RE: AW: Count special characters

From   Andrea Rispoli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: RE: AW: Count special characters
Date   Fri, 18 Sep 2009 00:34:00 +0200

This worked:

gen numberofocc = 0

qui forval j = 1/30 {
       replace numberofocc = numberofocc + (substr(mystr, `j', 1) ==
"|")
}

Thank you very much.