st: RE: Advice on multiple imputation in Stata

Subject   st: RE: Advice on multiple imputation in Stata
Date   Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:17:13 +0200

<>

You might want to peruse
http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=st0067 and subsequent
updates...

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Thomas Klausch
Sent: Mittwoch, 16. September 2009 19:35
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Advice on multiple imputation in Stata

Dear list members,

I am working with a set of survey data (n is about 1000) which
contains 36 items with missing values (min 0.1% missing, up to 16%
max). The items are surveyed on a seven point scale, so they are,
strictly speaking, on a categorical measurement level.

I have only a little theoretical knowledge on imputation techniques,
but virtually no practical experience. What I would like to do in
Stata is something like a multiple imputation using EM while
considering the items metric. Or I would like to use some logistic /
probit link function in a mulinomial model to impute categorical
variables directly.

I have read a bit about -ice- and -uvis-, whith the latter I
understand that I can impute using -mlogit-, the earlier using
"multiple imputation by chained equations", which I do not know of.

Should I use one of these or is there any other good procedure? Can
anybody recommend / advise me on a good imputation procedure for my
case?

Best regards and thanks for reading
Thomas