RE: st: Different Results for the same estimation

Subject   RE: st: Different Results for the same estimation
Date   Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:25:54 +0200

<>

So there are three nesting levels? Within counties, there are diseases
afflicting individuals? If that is the case, you should amend your command
as

- bysort County disease (individual): keep if _n==1-

to make it stable for the -glm- analysis. "individual" should be replaced by
some identifier variable, like an id number.

Also look at -egen, tag()- as -drop-ping is not generally the best approach
to conducting a restricted analysis ("How are you going to get the dropped
obs back when you need them quickly?").

Also look at -xtmixed- and its brothers, as your analysis sounds like a good
case for them...

HTH
Martin