Re: st: graph export - TIF -

From   Loren Engrav <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: graph export - TIF -
Date   Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:47:24 -0700

I am hardly a Stata expert but I have been exporting graphs into tiff for
journals, and I cannot set Stata to export 300dpi either, so

A picture 300 dpi and 10inches wide is 3000 pixels

So export with width set to 3000 and you get from Stata a pic about 42" wide
at 72dpi

Then load into a graphics program like Photoshop and set width to 10 and
resolution to 300

And the 3000 pixels are now 10" by 300 dpi

Using a graphics program to edit is a pain but it does work
And the graphs often needed some editing anyway
And Stata will not seem to set 300dpi which seems rather lame, but then
maybe I missed the method