Re: st: Help with mathematical operation

From   Tirthankar Chakravarty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Help with mathematical operation
Date   Thu, 10 Sep 2009 19:07:57 +0100

<>
Or if you prefer Mata:
***************************
clear*
set obs 8
egen var1 = seq(), from(1) to(8)
mata
X=vec(st_data(.,"var1")*st_data(.,"var1")')
stata("expand _N")
st_store(., st_addvar("float","var2"), X)
end
***************************

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Simon Moore
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Like so?
>
> clear
> set mo off
> set obs 100
> loc mlt = 1
> forval i = 1(1)100 {
>        g var`i' = _n
>        replace var`i' = var`i' * `mlt'
>        loc mlt = `mlt' + 1
>        }
>
> stack var*, into(nvar)
>
> Simon
>
> Burnett, Tim wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am at the end of my tether with Stata 10 and was hoping someone could
>> help me:
>>
>> I have a dataset which I am trying to manipulate:
>>
>> Assuming the following variable:
>>
>> 1
>> 2
>> 3
>> 4
>> 5
>> 6
>> 7
>> 8
>>
>> I am trying to create a variable which will show:
>>
>> 1*1
>> 1*2
>> 1*3
>> 1*4
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> 2*1
>> 2*2
>> 2*3
>> 2*4
>> .
>> .
>> .
>> ...and so on.
>>

>> I really don't know where to look as I can't think what this mathematical
>> operation would be called. Maybe I'm just dim.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Tim Burnett

>> If you have received this email and it was not intended for you, please
>> let us know, and then delete it.  Please treat our
>> information in confidence, as you would expect us to treat yours.
>> All our information systems may be monitored to ensure that they are
>> operating correctly.  Furthermore, the content of emails and other data on
>> these systems may be examined, in exceptional circumstances, for the purpose
>> of investigating or detecting any unauthorised use.
>>
>> The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government
>> Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
>> partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On
>> leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
>> Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
>> recorded for legal purposes.
>>

>> *
>> *   For searches and help try:

> *   For searches and help try:

To every ω-consistent recursive class κ of formulae there correspond
recursive class signs r, such that neither v Gen r nor Neg(v Gen r)
belongs to Flg(κ) (where v is the free variable of r).