RE: st: 3SLS / Three Stage with heteroscedasticity robust errors

Subject   RE: st: 3SLS / Three Stage with heteroscedasticity robust errors
Date   Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:00:39 +0100

Wiebke, John,

Good suggestion, and hopefully Wiebke's problem is recursive.  From the
-cmp- help file:

"Recursive" means, however, that cmp can only fit sets of equations with
clearly defined stages, not ones with simultaneous causation. A and B
can be modeled determinants of C and C a determinant of D--but D cannot
be a modeled determinant of A, B, or C.

Cross fingers!

--Mark

> HTH,
> J.
>
> Roodman, D. (2008). Cmp: Stata module to implement conditional
> (recursive) mixed process estimator.
> http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s456882.html.

> Prof. John Antonakis
> Associate Dean Faculty of Business and Economics
> University of Lausanne
> Internef #618
> CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny
> Switzerland
>
> Tel ++41 (0)21 692-3438
> Fax ++41 (0)21 692-3305
>
> Faculty page:
> http://www.hec.unil.ch/people/jantonakis&cl=en
>
> Personal page:
> http://www.hec.unil.ch/jantonakis
>

> On 09.09.2009 17:47, Wiebke Schlanbusch wrote:
> > Dear Statalist-ers,
> >
> > for my diploma thesis I want to estimate a simultaneous
> equations model with different data samples using -reg3-. I
> tested all my single equations on heteroscedasticity using
> -ivreg2- for the equations and -ivhettest- for the test. Some
> of my equations turn out to be heteroscedastic and other
> not... Therefore I would like to estimate the 3SLS models
> using robust errors, which is not implemented. Someone
> suggested to programm it in Stata, but unfortunately my
> programming skills are not worth mentioning nor do I have the
> programming manual. This is why I am asking if anyone ever
> did this "robust errors three stage"-programming and might be
> so kind to help me with the code.
> >
> > (I am currently using Stata 10.1)
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Wiebke Schlanbusch
> >

> > *
> > *   For searches and help try:

registered under charity number SC000278.