st: Outreg2 - file cannot be openend

From   Christian Weiß <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Outreg2 - file cannot be openend
Date   Sun, 6 Sep 2009 13:13:12 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

What I intend to do is to run multiple regressions and eventually save
all the results via outreg2 in an excel file.

To do so, the do File contains the following outreg2 code (regression
and estimates store code ommited)
regresssion 1
outreg2 [*] using myfile , replace sideway bdec(3) groupvar(Group1
ebit5yr beta beta_sqr logmarketcap propertyrights regulation
tcr5hat_sqr Group2 debtofassets   capexofassets diversification
Group3)

regression2
outreg2 [*] using myfile, append sideway bdec(3) groupvar(Group1
ebit5yr beta beta_sqr logmarketcap propertyrights regulation
tcr5hat_sqr Group2 debtofassets
>  capexofassets diversification  Group3)
file d:\asd.txt could not be opened

regression3
. outreg2 [*] using myfile, replace sideway bdec(3) groupvar(Group1
ebit5yr beta beta_sqr logmarketcap propertyrights regulation
tcr5hat_sqr Group2 debtofassets
capexofassets diversification  Group3) excel

The first regression uses outreg "replace" option to start a new/clean
outreg2 reporting table, the last one the "excel" option to generate
the .csv file

However, I frequently receive the error "file myfile.txt could not be
openend" r(603).
It appears that the error occurs kind of random and I am not able to
reproduce it all the time. I already tryied changing the working
directory, using the full path specification for the file, deleting
all the files from the working directory. I did not change any
permissions to directory folders, standard working directory is the
windows user folder.

I also tried the outreg2 without the "append" option and wihtout the
"excel" option, same problem.

Do you have any suggestions how to yield the intended results?

Thx a lot
Chris

Viele Grüße
Christian