st: RE: R: Estimating a model where the dependent variale is a ratio

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: R: Estimating a model where the dependent variale is a ratio
Date   Fri, 4 Sep 2009 14:16:00 +0100

Carlo and others interested should note that he is not referring to the
latest edition.

The bibliographic details are

An Introduction to Survival Analysis Using Stata, 2nd Edition
Authors: Mario Cleves, William W. Gould, Roberto G. Gutierrez, and Yulia
Marchenko
Publisher: Stata Press
Copyright: 2008
ISBN-10: 1-59718-041-6
ISBN-13: 978-1-59718-041-2
Pages:  372; paperback
Price:  $56.00

Visit

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/saus.html

for much more information including links that make it clear what has
changed since any previous edition you may have access to.

Carlo Lazzaro

from the brief outline of your problem, it would seem that
you have all the items for performing a Survival Analysis in Stata.

For further details on Survival Analysis topics, I will recommend you to
take a look at:
Cleves MA, Gould WG, Gutierrez R. An Introduction To Survival Analysis
Using
Stata. Revised edition. College Station: StataPress, 2004;

Johannes Schoder wrote:

<In my dataset I have information on the survival time in months for
each
individual, the county where he was diagnosed, and the cancer type he
was diagnosed with.>