st: AW: rank biserial correlation

Subject   st: AW: rank biserial correlation
Date   Fri, 4 Sep 2009 14:08:16 +0200

<>

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/miscdocs/ranksum1.pdf

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Berger, Martin
Gesendet: Freitag, 4. September 2009 11:06
An: '[email protected]'
Betreff: st: rank biserial correlation

dear all,

I would like to calculate a rank biserial correlation coefficient between
dichotomous variables (e.g. application of a specific method in the
aanalysis; yes/no) and ordinal variables (satisfaction with results of the
analysis; five-point likert scale).

to my knowledge, rank biserial should do the job and can be fairly easy
calculated in excel.

however, since I'd like to analyse the correlation between many, many
different variables I would prefer an 'automatic' solution in stata rather
than doing it manually  in excel.

any idea?

thanks - any help it is highly appreciated!

best

martin

-
Dr. Martin Berger

Institut für Technologie- und Regionalpolitik
Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Sensengasse 1
A-1090 Wien

Tel.: +43 1 581 7520-2827
Fax.: +43 1 581 7520-2820