-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Per conto di Muhammad Riaz
Inviato: mercoledì 2 settembre 2009 13.42
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: st: Fw: Negative binomial regression and Incident rate ratio(IRR)

Hi,
I am resending this query if somebody could help with, I sent it yesterday
but did not get any response.

Adding further my query given below, my dependent variable is count (0-9)
based on certain scale, i mean the dependent variable measure counts of 9
items for each individual,  these counts are given in the table as:

d_cap       |
            |      Freq.     Percent        Cum.
------------+-----------------------------------
          0 |        449       38.71       38.71
          1 |        214       18.45       57.16
          2 |        163       14.05       71.21
          3 |        112        9.66       80.86
          4 |         89        7.67       88.53
          5 |         56        4.83       93.36
          6 |         41        3.53       96.90
          7 |         18        1.55       98.45
          8 |         12        1.03       99.48
          9 |          6        0.52      100.00
      Total |      1,160      100.00

Can we fit a regression model with negative binomial distribution?
How can we compute the Incident rate ratio?