st: putting constraint on self-written program using ml d0

From   "J. Li" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: putting constraint on self-written program using ml d0
Date   Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:54:06 -0400

Hi all,

I wrote a program using ml package with d0 method. The purpose of the
program is similar with the ordered probit regression command oprobit.
 After I define the program, I would like to impose some constraints on
the parameter of the cut-off values. E.g. I use ml model as

ml model d0 etai (hlthc=age gender index, nocons) /a1 /a2 /a3 /a4,
constraint (1)

where a1 a2 a3 a4 are four seperate equations defined in the program to
substitute in four cut-off values with "mleval" (we have 5 outcomes of
y in the data). How can I define the constraint? When I tried

constraint 1 define [eq2]_cons=1.45

or

constraint 1 define [eq2]a1=1.45

it gave me some error message. Do you know the reason for this? Thanks
a lot!

Jinhu