Re: st: RE: Stata and R

From   Ronggui Huang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata and R
Date   Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:05:20 +0800

I think it is hard to find a Stata command resembles that of length in R.
Generally speaking, it gets the length of vectors (including lists)
and factors, but the exact meaning of length in R depends on the class
of object.

For a data frame (which is similar with a dataset in Stata), it is the
number of variables.

2009/8/26 Cohen, Elan <[email protected]>:
> Could you please be more specific?  There is no concept of 'length' in Stata since all the variables belong to one dataset.  Just guessing, but something like -count if mi(x)- might be helpful.
>
> If you'd like to subset, take a look at -drop- and -keep-.
>
> - Elan

HUANG Ronggui, Wincent
PhD Candidate
Dept of Public and Social Administration
City University of Hong Kong
Home page: http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/rghuang.html