st: RE: survival analysis

From   Hugh Robinson <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: survival analysis
Date   Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:22:13 -0600

Hi Tina,

It looks like you have told stata that any value in "TimetoEvent" equals a failure, hence your result when you try to set your data.  Changing the failure statement in your stset command to failure(TimetoEvent==1) may work.

HR

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tina Hernandez-Boussard [[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, August 24, 2009 5:56 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: survival analysis

Hi All,

I am having problems viewing the graph I want using stset.

I have a dataset that contains 398 patients with 58 failures

I have the following variables:

followupTime TimetoEvent ID

I have set things up as such (1 row per patient):

stset followupTime , failure(TimetoEvent )

          failure _d:  TimetoEvent
    analysis time _t:  followupTime

I have tried to make TimetoEvent a dummy variable, with 0/1 instead
of time of event.

However, when I get the graphs, I have everyone with an event.  I
should only have 58 events.  Can someone please help on what I have
done wrong with the setup?

Thanks!

Tina