st: how to have legend as labels on graph

From   Gisella Young <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to have legend as labels on graph
Date   Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:26:14 -0700 (PDT)

A simple question. I have a simple line graph with multiple lines on it (one line for each province, showing a single variable over time for each). Having a legend is confusing as the chart will be in B&W and there are a number of lines so, even with different line styles, it is difficult to see which is which. What I want is to have the labels on the chart itself, next to each line (e.g. on the right hand side), i.e. next to each line to have the name of the province which it's for. I've tried and tried but am unable to do this, is it possible???

Thank you!

Gisella