st: Switch off labels in -table-, how?

Subject   st: Switch off labels in -table-, how?
Date   Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:06:04 -0400

Dear All,

I'd like to switch off the labels in the -table- statement. Is it possible?
The command accepts the [undocumented] option -nol-, but nothing happens.
Since this is the observed behavior in Stata 9, 10, and 11, I beleive
that this is designed to be so.
Internally -tabdisp- is called, which accepts this option, but there
is no way to follow what happens after that.

Stata for Windows, ver 9.2; 10.1; and 11.0.

clear
sysuse nlsw88
tabulate occup
table occup
tabulate occup, nol
table occup, nol

Is option -nol- accepted by mistake here, and indeed should be rejected?
Or is it the case that -tabdisp- without labels was intended but never
implemented?
Or is option -nol- controlling something else and has nothing to do
with labels whatsoever?

Thank you,
     Sergiy Radyakin