Re: st: Factor variables and mim

From   "Alan Taylor" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Factor variables and mim
Date   Sun, 09 Aug 2009 09:56:15 +1000

>>> Fred Wolfe <[email protected]> 9/08/2009 6:25 am >>>

> Yes, -mim- does not accept factor variables - too bad.
> and
> -mi estimate- doesn't work with xtmixed or mfp

> mim works with xtmixed.

Thanks Fred, that's exactly what I found to my disappointment when, after a helpful response from Kit Baum, I sat down (lay down actually - it was my bedtime reading) to have a proper look at the MI manual.

So, it's back to desmat (produced by John Hendrickx, and a procedure I've relied on for years, and will continue to use, as it still does things that Factor Variables doesn't) to generate the dummy coding when using xtmixed (or any xt procedure) and mim.

Thanks

Alan