Re: st: neural networks

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: neural networks
Date   Fri, 07 Aug 2009 10:26:47 -0500

. findit neural

points to some work by Stas Kolenikov, who is active on this list. In general, this kind of application is not prominent in the Stata
community.

Nick

marcel spijkerman wrote:

Altough I am aware of the fact that a similar question has been posted before (somewhere in 2005 I believe) I would like to inquire whether there exist Stata-modules to estimate neural networks. I am aware of the fact that several other packages exist to estimate neural networks but I work in an protected environment and Stata is one of the few packages offered (even installation of simple excel/VB add-ons is not allowed).