Re: Re: AW: st: How to use the marco names?

From   [email protected]
To   statalist<[email protected]>
Subject   Re: Re: AW: st: How to use the marco names?
Date   Thu, 06 Aug 2009 23:15:24 +0800

Nick, thank you for your help, which lets me understand more.

I suddenly think of  the following typing,

.local level  a b c

. di "`level'"
a b c

. di `"level"'
level

. di `level'
a not found
r(111);

If -di- is  to display literal strings or the contents of the names
supplied, the results for the above three should be,

`level' // literal string

error // no local name "level",but local name level.

a b c  // the contents of the names.

Please forgive my  ignorance, thank you.

Best regards,

Rose.