Re: st: help with "joinby"

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: help with "joinby"
Date   Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:08:19 -0500

Check out -selectvars- from SSC. Also -tuples- from SSC.

Nick

Carlo Mejia wrote on Wed, 29 Jul 2009:

I have a doubt about the command "joinby". I need to make all the possible combinations of 15 variables in groups of 10, a total of 3003 results. Each one of the 10 variables should be different and the 3003 results must be different and not repeated. My problem is when I use joinby, I have results with variables repeated and also observations with the same variables but in different order. For example:

variable1 variable2 variable3 variable4 variable5 variable6 variable7 variable8 variable9 variable10 variable1 variable2 variable3 variable4 variable5 variable6 variable7 variable8 variable10 variable9 variable1 variable2 variable3 variable4 variable5 variable6 variable8 variable7 variable10 variable9