Re: st: Converting SAS or SPSS setup files to stata do files

Subject   Re: st: Converting SAS or SPSS setup files to stata do files
Date   Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:43:51 -0400

Dear Dana,

To the best of my knowledge there are no general translators of
programs from SAS to STATA or similar. There are programs that
generate SAS/SPSS/Stata code from meta-information in the proprietary
format, or from a given dataset with labels/missings already applied.
I would be interested to know myself if anything exists for this purpose.
There might be some solutions if there are certain restrictions
imposed on the syntax of the program being translated, but you don't
show what is there from ICPSR that you'd like to translate. Perhaps
the best solution would be to contact the data provider, before you
start retyping everything.

Best regards,
    Sergiy Radyakin