Re: st: 3-Level nlogit

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 3-Level nlogit
Date   Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:48:24 +0000 (GMT)

No, you need -nlogit- not -xtmelogit-: the word nesting means very
different things in these two models: In -nlogit- you can think of
a sequence of decisions where some decisions are nested in others,
e.g. you first decide between fancy or family restaurants, and
given that you chose a fancy restaurant you can now choose between Christophers and MadCows. This seems to represent your kind of
problem, except with an extra level of nesting. In -xtmelogit- the
nesting refers to the observations: e.g. students are nested in
classes, which are nested in schools, which are nested in districts,
etc. This is a multi-level problem, which does not seem to describe
your situation.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis