st: Re: Switching from SPSS to Stata

From   Yves Therriault <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Switching from SPSS to Stata
Date   Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:50:16 -0400

I just want to express my gratitude to all of those who have
generously answered my request about their own experience regarding
the jump from Spss to Stata.

I'm really convinced that it would be a wiser decision to purchase
Stata 11 instead of upgrading from Spss 12.01 to Spss 18.0. Even
though I'm not a statistician and that I don't expect to do very
sophisticated statistical analysis, I'm sure that I wouldn't regret
such a move. But I really do need some of the features Stata has, like
the possibility to analyse data from complex samples.

I've been lurking this list for several weeks, if not for months, and
I'm really impressed about how vibrant and helpful the Stata community
is.

Kind regards,

 Yves Therriault, Ph. D.
 Agent de recherche (santé publique)
 Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de la Côte-Nord,
 691, rue Jalbert
 Baie-Comeau (Québec, Canada) G5C 2A1