st: Customized Toolbars in Stata 11

Subject   st: Customized Toolbars in Stata 11
Date   Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:50:36 +0200

<>

I am wondering whether I am totally overlooking something on stata.com, but
does the description of new features for Stata 11 mention that you can
customize your own toolbars and have them float anywhere on the screen? I
certainly cannot find any mention of it on
http://www.stata.com/stata11/gui.html (where I suspect it should be...).

When you right-click into the -fixed- toolbar in Stata 10, you do see the
word "Customize" - disabled. In Stata 11, it comes alive and you can
customize pretty much the way you usually can in your office software
packages - which is really neat :-) I have been playing around with this
feature a lot today and already have a toolbar with my all time favorites
for convenient access...

HTH
Martin