st: Re: Prediction after xtpoisson, fe

From   david reinstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Prediction after xtpoisson, fe
Date   Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:51:59 +0100

Thanks for the suggestions, but none of this seems to work so far.

"predict yhatnu0, nu0 " gives estimates that are much too low. (When
exponentiated, they are still too low, and with virtually no
correlation to the outcomes. And it is still ignoring the fixed
effect, which I want to be part of this prediction.)

Anyway, I find that exponentiating the result of "predict yhattotxb,
xb" yields the yhatnu0 measure; so nu0 seems to be already
exponentiating, but the fixed effect seems to be always thrown away!

Anyone know how to recover the fixed effect and use it in generating
predictions? Or where to look for more information about this
procedure.