AW: st: Overidentifying test

Subject   AW: st: Overidentifying test
Date   Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:20:04 +0200

<>

At least we can now be sure you do have Stata < 10, and thus my strategy
recommend in an earlier post to use Stata`s own command won`t work. You also
do have the required files on your computer to perform the test, all that is
lacking is the executable for Stata 9.2 which is free and can be obtained
from the advertised source. What are your concerns re update to 9.2?

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Tharshini
Thangavelu
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Juli 2009 15:18
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: Overidentifying test

Hi,

Unfortunately I haven't succeeded with the over-identifying test command.
I have changed the commands as people form the statalist have indicated me
without any results.

I get the following message;

. ssc install overid
checking overid consistency and verifying not already installed...
all files already exist and are up to date.

. overid
this is version 9.0 of Stata; it cannot run version 9.2 programs
     A free update to version 9.2 is available; type update and follow the
instructions, or visit http://www.stata.com/support/updates.
     If you are not connected to the Internet, you can contact StataCorp to
obtain the latest version.
r(9);

By the way, I have Intercooled Stata 9.0 for Windows. I haven't done any
updates
as the error message advise me to do. Is this necessary, I don't want to
have
problems when doing update on my Stata.

Regards
Tharshini

On 2009-07-14, at 14:03, Michael Hanson wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2009, at 8:18 AM, Tharshini Thangavelu wrote:
>
>> *sc install overid
>> variable install not found
>> no variables defined
>> r(111);
>>
>> overid
>> unrecognized command:  overid
>> r(199);
>
> -sc- is interpreted by Stata as an abbreviation for -twoway graph
> scatter-, I believe.  That would be consistent with the error message
> you receive:  you likely do not have a variable named "install" in
> your data set to plot against another variable named "overid".  And
> since you did not the -ssc- command to install -overid-, the latter
> command is not recognized by your copy of Stata.
>
> Try your same command after replacing -sc- with -ssc-, and report back
> to the list if you still have problems.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Mike

Tharshini THANGAVELU