st: Read HTML file with Stata

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Read HTML file with Stata
Date   Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:05:19 -0400

I have a set of Excel files that I convert to Stata format with
Stat/Transfer, called from Stata with -stcmd- by Roger Newson. Some of
the original files are HTML files with an XLS extension that cannot be
converted by Stat/Transfer. I can open these files with Excel and save
them in native Excel format but would prefer a solution that does not
involve Excel. Can anyone recommend a method to read HTML files into
Stata? There are a number of add-ons that allow export to HTML format
but I found nothing that goes the other way, from HTML to Stata.

Thanks,

Friedrich