Re: st: spatial analysis (points in county)

From   Maurizio Pisati <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: spatial analysis (points in county)
Date   Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:26:23 +0200

Dear Diego,
Mata function -sp_pips-, contained in my Stata program -spgrid- can help you tackle your problem.
Best wishes,
Maurizio Pisati

David Torres wrote:
Okay, so I thank Austin and Sergio for all their help with questions previously asked on the subject of some spatial analysis work I'm doing. I've been able to reduce the amount of work I'd have to do working with ArcGIS (ignorant of the syntax or computer language of their write program as I am) with some of the tips provided by them. Here, though, is perhaps my final question on the subject (I hope!):

If I want to calculate the number of points (in this case colleges) within a county or tract, rather than the number of points within a specified distance or radius, how would I do this. I've played around with trying to do this a bit, but with little success--or rather NO SUCCESS.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Diego

David Diego Torres, MA(Sociology)
PhD Candidate in Sociology

2030D Population Studies Center
University of Michigan Institute for Social Research
Ann Arbor MI  48106-1248
Tel 734.763.4098
Fax 734.763.1428
torresd at umich dot edu