Re: st: RE: RE: Useing e(over_labels)

Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: Useing e(over_labels)
Date   Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:02:57 -0400

Richard Palmer-Jones<[email protected]>:

I don't understand--if indeed you only want the weighted means and not
the SEs, then use -collapse- and get there in one line, and note that
pweights and aweights are equivalent if you do not need SEs.  What do
you need this dataset of summary stats for, anyway? The goal dictates
the preferred method, in general.  My point was just that the labels
(both numeric and string) for the -over- variable are easy to access.

Also, it looks like in your original post you said "I want to compuile
the ereturned e(b) and e(v) results of a -mean var1, over(var2 var3,
nolabel)- into a usable form, such as rows in new variables or a
matrix, together with the relevatn values of var2 & var3" so a matrix
is what you asked for...