st: AW: var already defined problem

Subject   st: AW: var already defined problem
Date   Tue, 7 Jul 2009 21:55:03 +0200

<>

You want to -set trace on- which enables you to see what Stata makes of your
commands.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von David Torres
Gesendet: Dienstag, 7. Juli 2009 21:11
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: var already defined problem

The '______ already defined' error (r(110)) is usually not a problem
for me; I just start with a new variable to define or drop the
existing one.  BUT how can I find what the problem is when I'm looping
through unique values of a variable?

I'm still working on some spatial analysis and when I create my
haversine variable (with the option of that name in the -vincenty-
command) in the forvalues loop I get the error message just
referenced...and I'm not doing anything esle in the code that is
demanding a change on this new distance variable.

Thanks for your help,

Diego

David Diego Torres, MA(Sociology)
PhD Candidate in Sociology

2030D Population Studies Center
University of Michigan Institute for Social Research
Ann Arbor MI  48106-1248
Tel 734.763.4098
Fax 734.763.1428
torresd at umich dot edu