Re: st: predicted values, different p-weights

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: predicted values, different p-weights
Date   Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:15:28 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Tue, 7/7/09, Kyle Caswell wrote:
> Hello. I would like to retrieve
> predicted values after running a glm model that uses
> probability weights. However, I would like to use different
> weights than those used in estimating the origional model
> for the predicted values. I don’t see such an option using
> the “predict” command. Can anyone tell me how this can
> be done?

The weight influences the estimated coefficients but not the
predicted value. You can think of the weight as determining
how much value is attached to an observation's deviation of
the predicted value from the observed value. So once you
have estimated a model with a given set of weights, any
alternative set of weights will not influence the predicted
values.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis